Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Is this seller insane?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Is this seller insane?

    I guess there will always be fishing on ebay, but I wonder if sellers have noticed the economy sucks for us mortals, or are they trying to find the folks who still have unlimited money to spend? (Like the Barret Jackson or Mecham auto auctions)

    Pair Altec Barcelona 873A 873-A Voice of Theater Spkrs - eBay (item 130359357616 end time Feb-14-10 17:08:40 PST)

    2 Altec 9846-8A Studio Monitor Voice of Theater Spkrs - eBay (item 380197906022 end time Feb-14-10 17:16:10 PST)

    Barcelonas are cool, doubt they sound all that great for a discernig listener but sure would look cool in a retro living room.

    The 9846 is also cool, a Barcelona sort of in a studio finish. But at that price? C'mon.
    I need to finish restoring mine, make em perfect, maybe I could get 10 grand for em?

    Nuts!

    Ron

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is this seller insane?

    Geez that IS nuts! Can't be serious......yet it seems to be.

    By THAT reckoning my nineteens are worth a fortune!


    Russ

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Is this seller insane?

    Go look at his other auctions.
    He has either fallen on hard times, ot trying to fund his retirement.
    Gad Zooks!
    Ron

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is this seller insane?

    I beleive this is the same seller that had the 800 system up a few times. I'm not sure if he's getting people that don't follow Through, or if he's scamming people in some way.

    He might be the same guy that had the early (110 cabinet) A5 pair for auction, and 755a setup. All going sky high, all from the same area. I'm not sure of the seller ID, Though.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is this seller insane?

    Yeah,

    I have seen him around ebay for a while.....

    From his last months feed back, he made ~25k in sales.

    I do not understand his pricing, it is both ridiculous & over priced.My 604's in my cabs would be worth 5k in his world......

    I wonder about the buyers if they are legit too?

    -chris

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Is this seller insane?

    Guess you fellas don't watch many auctions for Barcelonas, this seller has. 3K is over the top, but not by a whole lot.

    2000-2500 is not an unusual or unreasonable starting point for them, although it's a little high for this pair which needs the 411-8A woofers updated.

    Maybe in the current economic times prices are a little soft, but when things were still moving well, complete and working Barcelonas would generally sell in the 2k range, give or take.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.